Yes, I am joining in Top Ten Tuesday scandalously late. I make my own rules, y’all.
In actuality, our Internet has been very sketchy this week. Bribing it with chocolate chips has accomplished wonders. Will this state of affairs last? Only time will tell.
If there was actually a Book Genie (which would be run-around-and-hyperventilate worthy) what ten things would I wish for?
- The rest of the Vivi and Farnham cozy mystery series. Please, please, please and thank you.
- A book deal. Actually, more than one. That would be faint-from-excitement worthy.
- More Halo books written by Eric Nylund. I would pay money for this. Which is a lot coming from my miserly soul. (I kid. Ish.)
- An inexhaustible library card. No fines. No limit on how many books you can take out. The option of renewing something at least twice. Can you imagine?
- The ability to experience reading a book for the first time more than once. Need I say more?
- The skill to write stellar book reviews, with all deep thoughts and awesome photography. I would be a happy hedgehog.
- The ability to enter a book at will. (Basically I want ALL the abilities.) But can you imagine being an invisible appreciator of Gandalf’s snark? Listening to Eanrin’s songs? Exploring the Pillar of Autumn?
- Books by osmosis. You could absorb knowledge whilst sleeping. I need this in my life.
- New releases to be on my doorstep the instant they are published. This requires no explaination.
- More bookshelves. NAY. An entire library room in my house. Complete with comfy chairs (“I made him say, ‘comfy chairs’!”) and soft lights.
What about you, fellow bookworms? Do you long for a library of your own? An inexhaustible supply of a specific author’s works? A BOOK DEAL? Let’s compare wishes.